Mission Avenue, located between Horne Street and Coast Highway, is scheduled for renovation starting October 24, 2013, ending Summer 2014. The project will take Mission Avenue to a four lane, two-way street and reduce it to a two lane, one-way street. Mission Avenue will be converted to a west bound route only. Seagaze Drive, one block south of Mission Avenue, will be converted to a one-way east bound route creating a one-way couplet system in the Downtown area.
Project components on Mission Avenue include:
- New widened sidewalks 5’ to 30’ in width
- Intersection bulb outs for pedestrian crossing
- New landscaping
- New irrigation
- Street furniture
- Decorative Street Lights
- Green painted Sharrow Lanes for shared bicycles and auto us (along Mission, Seagaze, and Cleveland)
- 20 reverse angle parking spaces, 19 parallel spaces
- Phased construction program, 2 blocks at a time, one side of the street. Access to all businesses will be maintained at all times.
- Programmed space for public art.
Mission Avenue Looking East Project Site Map
Mission Avenue Looking West
- October 24 and 25, 2013 - Click (here)
- Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - Click (here)
- Monday, January 6, 2014 - Click (here)
- Parking and Pathway Handout
- New Parking Available During Construction
- Tuesday, April 8, 2014 - Click (here)
- Tuesday, April 8, 2014 - Phase 3 Parking and Pathway Handout
- Thursday, October 30, 2014 - Reverse Angle Parking Installed