To contest a parking citation
If you wish to contest a parking citation your request for review must be submitted:
- within 21 calendar days of the issuance of the Parking Citation OR
- within 14 calendar days of the notice date shown on the Notice of Parking Violation
You may submit a Request for Review in one of the following ways:
- Online: Contest your Parking Citation
- In Writing by sending a written explanation which includes your name, address and phone number describing your reason for contesting the citation; copies of all applicable documentation and a copy of the citation to: City of Oceanside Parking Enforcement Center, PO Box 6010, Inglewood, CA 90312 (Sending your request via certified mail ensures that you have a proof of mailing)
- In Person at our office located at Oceanside City Hall - East Building, 300 North Coast Highway, Oceanside, CA 92054
The person contesting the citation will receive a written response informing them of the adjudicator's decision within 4 to 6 weeks. If filing online, an email will be sent acknowledging the receipt of your submission.
In order to expedite your request, please submit, along with your request for review, any documents or evidence that will support your argument.