The City of Oceanside provides access to our expansive beaches and quaint harbor with several conveniently located City parking lots. Each parking lot has specific guidelines based upon local activity. Please click below to view a map of the area indicating parking lot locations and guidelines.
Annual Beach Permits
The Annual Beach Permit Program allows patrons to park in the beach and harbor pay lots without having to pay the parking fees. The cost of the parking permit is $100 for residents and $200 for non-residents, and they are valid for one year between the months of July through June. Permits are not valid during posted Special Events. Current vehicle registration and proof of residency is required. Other lot restrictions apply.
There are two types of beach permits offered:
- Transferable Hanging Permit: The transferable hanging parking permit has no replacement program. If the hanging permit is lost or stolen you must purchase a new permit at the prorated monthly fee. Parking permits displayed incorrectly, or not at all, will be issued parking citations that will not be dismissed.
- Permanent Decal: The permanent parking decal is affixed to the windshield and is not transferable. The decal has a replacement program if the vehicle is stolen, sold, or the windshield is broken. A replacement permit will be available at the cost of $10.00 upon surrender of the old decal. A new application is required.
Residential permits are issued to people who live in the following qualifying area:
- The Strand on the west
- Wisconsin on the south
- Myers on the east
- Breakwater on the north
Residential Permits are $10 per permit.
North Coast Village and San Miguel Condos do not qualify, per City Ordinance. The exception to this would be if they have an oversized vehicle that will not fit into the parking structures.
There are two types of residential permits:
- The Permanent Sticker is issued to vehicles proven to have no off-street parking provided. These permits are affixed to the lower left-hand corner of the front windshield. They are only issued to vehicles registered in the name of the owner, or tenants that are listed on the lease.
- The Guest Permit is a hang tag. It is assigned to the resident and may be used on any vehicle. Only (2) guest permits can be issued per residence.
- Proof of Ownership - assessor records, grant deed, etc. Owner permits are issued for three years, or
- Proof of Residency - lease or current rent receipt. Tenant permits are issued for one year.
- Picture ID
- Vehicle registration for permanent stickers
To renew expired permits, a copy of the current utility bill and picture ID are required.