| Sorry, this page has moved!|
Please click here to go to the new location.
*NEW* Business Self-Inspection Guide
*NEW* E-Trakit- Check on a Project or Request Inspections Here
*NEW* Construction Permit Application
*NEW* Operational Permit Application
*NEW* High Piled Storage Application
*NEW* Agricultural Open Burning Information
*NEW* City of Oceanside Municipal Code
*NEW* 2013 Fire and Building Code Amendments
*NEW* Nuisance Vegetation and Waste Clearance Standards
*NEW* Disaster Preparedness Coordinator RFP
Our mission is to provide the best customer service by working as a team to coach and educate those we serve; and to enforce applicable codes and standards in an effort to develop a safe and resilient community.
- Altruism - Always putting others before ourselves.
- Chain of Command - Following the Chain of Command when we make decisions or seek information.
- Communication - Ensuring two-way communication with all who we serve.
- Customer Servic e- Remembering that without our customers, we do not exist.
- Faith - Having faith in something other than myself.
- Honesty - Whether it is positive or negative, we must be truthful.
- Integrity - Always doing the right thing, especially when no one else is looking.
- Life Safety - Making decisions to provide for the best safety of others.
- Respect - Showing respect for ourselves, others, and our organization.
VisionTo become forward-thinking by utilizing technology; become as efficient as possible; minimize hazard risks to emergency responders and the community; encourage responsible development through relationship building; and educate the public regarding fire and life safety.
Felipe Rodriguez, Fire Marshal
| ||As your Fire Marshal, it is my goal to ensure our residents, business community, employees, and visitors are safe. This is accomplished through public education and enforcement of applicable codes, regulations, and standards. By partnering with the community, everyone will be able to safely enjoy the great quality of life that Oceanside offers. |
The Fire Prevention Bureau is responsible for fire and life safety throughout the City of Oceanside. This is accomplished through the Oceanside Fire Department Fire Prevention Bureau:
- Community Education
- Enforcing Fire and Life Safety Codes
- Construction Plan Review
- 24 hour, 365-Day per year Arson and Fire Investigation Services
- Fire Inspection Program
- Hazardous Materials Regulation
- Fire Incident Reporting
- Vegetation Management
- Special Events Review
- Fire Safety Booth at Harbor Days
- Coordinating Station Tours
- Planning 4th-of-July events
- Holding OFD Open House
- Smoke Detector Program
- Ironman Triathlon Public Safety
Through these extensive activities, the Fire Prevention Bureau fulfills the Fire Department's mission of protecting threats to life, the environment, and property.