The Customer Service Desk (or Circulation Desk) is located at the entrance of the library. Here you may:
- Apply for a library card
- Check-out library materials
- Pick up books and materials on reserve or hold for you
- Pay library fines at the self-check out machines. Cash and credit cards are accepted.
TO APPLY FOR A LIBRARY CARD
- Fill out an online library card application available at the computer kiosk near the Customer Service desk at any Oceanside Public Library location. Have your photo ID with current San Diego County address available.*
- Next, step over to the Customer Service Desk. One of the friendly staff members will issue you a Library card once your ID and address have been verified. Note: There is no charge for a first-time card.
* If you're from outside the area (e.g. stationed at Camp Pendleton or are here on vacation) and want a card, we can get you set up -- but we might ask you for some other ID. Give us a call at 760-435-5600!
CHECKING OUT LIBRARY MATERIALS
Books, Audio Materials and Magazines
- Check-out with your library card
- No limit of items that may be checked out at one time.
- Loan period is three weeks, with two renewals permitted.
- Books and audio materials may be returned through the book drops outside the building or inside through the return slots.
- DVDs may be checked out at the Customer Service Desk or at one of the self check-out machines.
- There is a 75¢ per DVD non-refundable insurance fee, except where noted.
- DVDs check out for one week only, with no renewal permitted.
- Adults pay 25¢ per day per item, regardless of whether it’s an adult or juvenile item
- Children pay 10¢ per day per item, regardless of whether it’s a juvenile or adult item
- DVD late fines are $1.00 per day (adult and juvenile alike)