VOLUNTEERS MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Just a few hours a week at the library can help enrich your neighbors and your community.
Here are just a few of the ways you can help:
- Be the Library mascot!
- Provide information in the Veterans Resource Center
- Assist with children's and adult programs
- Teens can earn volunteer hours for school
- Help adults increase their literacy skills
- Prepare new library material for circulation
- Create library displays
- Help computer users
- Shelve books
- Deliver books to homebound library users
- Work with the Friends of the Library at the book stores, booksales and other fundraising efforts
- Teach a technology or other class!
- Perform local history research
We have volunteer opportunities at all of our locations. Please contact Volunteer Coordinator Cheri Noel at (760) 435-5564.
Volunteers in the library must be 14 years of age or older. Training will be provided.
Oceanside Public Library does not accept court-ordered community service assignments.