Are you between 14 and 18 years old? Are you interested in volunteering at the Library? If so, join the Teen Partners to gain some work experience, get your service credits, or just help out at Library programs. Make new friends! Be an active member of your community.
What to expect:
1. Helping at the Children’s Reading Booth
• Registering Kids in the Library Online Record Keeper
• Handing out Prizes
• Listening to funny stories about books the kids read
2. Helping with Programs (Children’s, Teens, and Adult Programming)
• Setting up Community rooms for events
• Handing out Snacks
• Crowd Control
• Overseeing Crafts
3. Working in a Library
• Shelving material
• Searching for requested material
• Working on various library projects
• Preparing Crafts for story time
• Working with children, teens, and seniors
For an application and more information, stop by the Reference Desk at either library, call Marie Town at (760) 435-5597, or download the application here: Teen Partner Application. Sorry, the Library does not accept court-ordered community service assignments.
Want to have a say in what’s going on at the Library? This is your chance to let your voice be heard! The Teen Advisory Board is a forum to help make the Library a better place for teens. Help us select new items that you may be interested in: Novels, Manga, Music and Movies. The Advisory Board meets quarterly, check the Teen Zone calendar for dates and locations. For grades 6 through 12..