Section 504 - People with Disabilities
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended
No otherwise qualified individual with handicaps in the United States,…shall, solely by reason of his handicap, be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance…
Section 504 requires:
- Equal opportunity for participation;
- Equal opportunity to receive program benefits and services;
- The most integrated setting appropriate;
- Equally effective benefits;
- Physical accessibility; and
- Reasonable accommodation.
Policy of Nondiscrimination on the basis of handicapped status
The City of Oceanside does not discriminate on the basis of handicapped status in the admission of access to, or treatment or employment for Housing Programs and Projects.
Megan Crooks has been designated to coordinate compliance with the nondiscrimination requirements contained in the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) regulations implementing Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (24 CFR Part 8).
| Name: || Megan Crooks , Management Analyst |
| Address: || 321 N. Nevada Street, Oceanside, CA 92054 |
| Telephone Number: || 760-435-5048 Voice Direct |
AT&T California Relay Service:
Definition: An adjustment in a federally assisted or conducted program or activity in order to accommodate the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a handicap.
- It must be provided unless it:
- Imposes an undue financial or administrative burden, as determined by HUD; or
- It alters the fundamental nature of the program.
- It must be equally effective.
- It should not be of a personal nature.
- It should be provided and applied on a case-by-case basis.
Use of the below forms is NOT REQUIRED. You may also contact the Section 504 Coordinator, as designated above for a phone interview or to meet in person.
Grievance Procedures (200 KB)
Request for Section 504 Access Improvements (215 KB)
Reasonable Accommodation Request Form (215 KB)
Section 504 Access and Reasonable Accommodation Appeal Form (218 KB)