Make a Difference in Your Community… LIVE to GIVE
Have you ever wanted to inspire others toward one of your own passions such as art, music, or nature? Have you ever wondered how you can help in the outreach to youth in your neighborhood? Well, Parks & Recreation can provide you the perfect opportunity.
L.I.V.E., Leisure Interest Volunteer Experience, is a program sponsored by the Parks & Recreation Division of Neighborhood Services in the City of Oceanside. Volunteering can have a positive impact on the Oceanside community and can also provide meaningful benefits to the volunteer at the same time. Helping others can provide you with new experiences of diversity, feelings of being needed and valued, improvements in health, self-esteem and confidence, not to mention FUN.
Come volunteer with us! Positions are available for teens, adults and seniors to work in your own community through the LIVE to GIVE program.
L.I.V.E. positions (listed in order of need):
- Drivers for Seniors- Drivers over the age of 18 years old are needed to assist seniors in getting to medical appointments, grocery shopping, pharmacy trips, and even to the hair dresser. Volunteers receive mileage reimbursement for all trips as well as annual training and recognition.
- Youth Sports Coaches- Youth sports coaches are needed seasonally. Fall seasons start recruiting coaches in August for the Youth Flag Football League and the Youth & Teen Fall Indoor Soccer League. Winter seasons start recruiting coaches in October for the Youth/Teen Basketball League. Spring seasons start recruiting coaches in February for the Youth & Teen Spring Indoor Soccer League.
- Senior Volunteer Program (55 years young and up)This program is intended for seniors to volunteer for other seniors at the Country Club and El Corazon Senior Centers. Positions include front desk concierge, events, library, and other general help at the centers.
- Clerical Support- This position recruits assistants to greet customers at the main administration office and other recreation centers.
- Teen Leadership- Teen leadership opportunities are available through our teen programs and the Jr. Camp Counselor program. This is ideal for high school students looking for Community Service hours for classroom credit and for job experience and mentorship.
- Parents please note that, as a leadership learning opportunity; it is part of the experience for teens to inquire, coordinate, and schedule their own commitment.
- Cultural and Neighborhood Outreach Instructors and Mentors- Open to all adults to be an instructor or mentor (preferably Spanish bi-lingual) at one of the Resource Centers: Crown Heights, Balderrama, or San Luis Rey.