To report suspected drug activity, call the Oceanside Police Department at (760) 435-4900. Callers may remain anonymous. The Department's Special Enforcement Section will follow up on all reports of suspected drug activity throughout the City.
Anyone with information about the location of suspected methamphetamine labs should contact the Methamphetamine Hotline at (877) 662-6384. Callers may remain anonymous.
The Special Enforcement Sections Narcotics Unit is responsible for enforcement of narcotics activity in neighborhoods. They respond to community complaints and target traffickers and users. This includes business, residential, and other locations where narcotics trafficking or use is prevalent. Education, in the form of public narcotics presentations, is available to groups or organizations as a part of our overall strategy to address the drug problem in our society.
Drug Abuse Warning Signs
- Drop in academic performance (in teens)
- Lack of interest in personal appearance
- Withdrawal, isolation, depression, fatigue
- Aggressive, rebellious behavior
- Hostility and lack of cooperation
- Deteriorating relationships with family
- Change in friends
- Loss of interest in hobbies and/or sports
- Change in eating/sleeping habits
- Evidence of drugs or drug paraphernalia (e.g., needles, pipes, papers, lighters)
- Physical changes (e.g., runny nose not from cold, red eyes, coughing, wheezing, bruises, needle marks)