| Sorry, this page has moved!|
Please click here to go to the new location.
River and Beach Clean Up Events
River, Creek and Beach Cleanup Events
The City of Oceanside Clean Water Program strives to make our surface waters clean for all residents and visitors. Your help is needed to improve water quality. There are several events throughout the year that get people outdoors and in touch with the environment, including river and beach cleanup events and Green Oceanside events.
River, creek and beach cleanup events allow the public the opportunity to remove and properly dispose of trash and debris that has reached Oceanside waterways. The Oceanside Clean Water Program truly appreciates the help from volunteers who take the time out of their busy schedules to participate in removing trash from Oceanside waterways.
River, creek and beach cleanup event information is found below. For Green Oceanside events click here.
Sign up for event notifications via email.
To sign up for email alerts to receive event notices click here.
2014 Oceanside River and Beach Cleanup Events
Join community volunteers to remove trash from Oceanside waterways at one or more of these upcoming 2014 River and Beach Cleanup Events.
Loma Alta Creek Clean Up - Saturday, April 26, 2014
9 am to 12 pm
Volunteers should pre-register at www.creektobay.org
Click here (917KB) for an event flyer. Download, print and sign the event waiver form (42KB) prior to the event. Bring the signed waiver form to the registration table for quicker check-in.
Celebrate Earth Month by participating in the 15th Annual Loma Alta Creek Cleanup and the 12th Annual Creek to Bay Cleanup. Volunteers can select from five Oceanside sites and will receive cleanup supplies, refreshments, community service hours, and a free t-shirt or other give-away item.
Volunteers can choose from any of the following Oceanside sites:
Inland Sites (Zone 2 on registration page)
- Behind Smart and Final on Oceanside Blvd. at I-5 (1701 Oceanside Boulevard)
- Mesa Drive and Vanilla Way (between El Camino Real and Rancho Del Oro Drive)
- Behind Commercial Buildings at Oceanside Blvd. and 1629 Ord Way (Just east of Arroyo Avenue)
Coastal Sites (Zone 1 on registration page)
- Buccaneer Park at Pacific and Morse Streets (1500 South Pacific Street)
- South side of the Oceanside Pier
Calendar these upcoming 2014 River and Beach Cleanup Events
- July 5, 2014: Morning After Mess Beach Cleanup; 9am - 11am
- September 20, 2014: Buena Vista Creek and Beach Cleanup; 9am - 12pm
- First Saturday of each month: North Side of the pier; 9am - 11am; Hosted by Surfrider, San Diego Chapter
Calendar of Events
Check out the calendar of events for the latest environmental events happening in Oceanside.
Report any water running in the street when it is not raining or someone dumping something in the storm drain or curb and gutter by calling the
Urban Runoff Hotline at 760-435-4500
Only Rain in the Storm Drain