River and Beach Clean Up Events
River, Creek and Beach Cleanup Events
The City of Oceanside Clean Water Program strives to make our surface waters clean for all residents and visitors. Your help is needed to improve water quality. There are several events throughout the year that get people outdoors and in touch with the environment, including river and beach cleanup events and Green Oceanside events.
River, creek and beach cleanup events allow the public the opportunity to remove and properly dispose of trash and debris that has reached Oceanside waterways. The Oceanside Clean Water Program truly appreciates the help from volunteers who take the time out of their busy schedules to participate in removing trash from Oceanside waterways.
River, creek and beach cleanup event information is found below. For Green Oceanside events click here.
Sign up for event notifications via email.
To sign up for email alerts to receive event notices click here.
2014 Oceanside River and Beach Cleanup Events
Join community volunteers to remove trash from Oceanside waterways at one or more of these upcoming 2014 River and Beach Cleanup Events.
January 25, 2014: San Luis Rey River Cleanup; 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Pre-registration is not needed. Click here (1.1 KB) for an event flier.
There are five sites to choose from.
San Luis Rey River Sites (Volunteers are needed at these sites.)
- Highway 76 at Benet Road
- Highway 76 and Foussat Road at the bike path
- Douglas Drive at the bike path (SE corner)
- Mance Buchanan Park on College Boulevard
Beach Site (This site tends to fill up so please consider the San Luis Rey River sites.)
- Harbor Beach at Parking Lot #10
- Free parking for this site is in Parking Lot #1 east of the railroad tracks. Click here for a map.
Please bring your own bucket, gloves, and reusable water bottle to reduce the amount of trash from the event itself. All volunteers should wear closed-toed shoes and sun protection. Refreshments will be provided.
Calendar these upcoming 2014 River and Beach Cleanup Events
- April 26, 2014: Loma Alta Creek and Beach Cleanup; 9am - 12pm
- July 5, 2014: Morning After Mess Beach Cleanup; 9am - 11am
- September 20, 2014: Buena Vista Creek and Beach Cleanup; 9am - 12pm
- First Saturday of each month: North Side of the pier; 9am - 11am; Hosted by Surfrider, San Diego Chapter
Calendar of Events
Check out the calendar of events for the latest environmental events happening in Oceanside.
Report any water running in the street when it is not raining or someone dumping something in the storm drain or curb and gutter by calling the
Urban Runoff Hotline at 760-435-4500.