| || ||Learn six ways to become a more waterwise gardener during this free and information-packed presentation. Topics will cover Right Plant, Right Place, Using Rainwater as a Resource and Managing Irrigation. Bring your questions to these gardening experts! |
Class is FREE but seating is limited.
Saturday, January 11, 2014
9:00 am to 12:00 noon
Oceanside Community Room
300 North Coast Highway, Oceanside
RSVP: Class Reservation(s) or call 760.435.5857.
Home Grown Gardening Classes
Home Grown Gardening Classes, provided by AgriService, were developed to help homeowners learn how to garden and grow food in their own yards or community gardens. Led by Diane Hollister, classes focus on topics commonly encountered by gardeners in our area and are information-packed for gardeners with varying levels of expertise. The classes are held at the El Corazon Compost Facility or the El Corazon Senior Center on the fourth Saturday of each month at 10:00 a.m.
Click here for more information and class schedule.
Free Online Landscape Classes for Residents and Professionals
The Metropolitan Water District is offering free low-water use landscape classes for residents and professionals at http://www.bewaterwise.com/. The following are classes available:Mini on the Basics
In-Depth for Home Gardeners
- 4 tutorials, 15 minutes each
- For those new to gardening or eager to brush up on the basics
- These short tutorials cover the key points of water-wise gardening
Professional Landscape Maintenance tutorials
- 4 tutorials, 60 minutes each
- Residential gardeners can dig into these more detailed tutorials on water-wise gardening
Seminarios Profesionales de Mantenimiento de Paisaje - Ahora en español
- 4 tutorials available
- If you landscape for a living, update your knowledge on landscape irrigation systems, fine tuning the controller, irrigation scheduling considerations, and much more.
- Si usted trabaja en mantenimiento de jardines, actualice su conocimiento en sistemas de riego, en ajustar el controlador, en el plan de riego, y mucho más.