| Sorry, this page has moved!|
Please click here to go to the new location.
Turf Replacement Programs
Two separate agencies are currently offering turf replacement rebates in San Diego County and Oceanside residents can apply for both. The two rebates can be combined for areas of a property eligible for the San Diego County Water Authority program.
Metropolitan Water District
Funding is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Lawn area can be located in front, side or rear yard. Rebate is $2.00/sq. ft. For more information on the Metropolitan Water District rebate visit http://www.socalwatersmart.com.
San Diego County Water Authority
Funding is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Lawn area must be visible from the street unless otherwise approved in advance. Rebate is $1.50/sq. ft. In certain situations, both the Metropolitan rebate and the San Diego County rebate can be combined for a total of $3.50/sq. ft. Please visit http://turfreplacement.watersmartsd.org/ for more information.
Due to the recent volume of calls, the SoCalWaterSmart website that processes rebate applications has been experiencing problems. In particular, users receive an immediate DENIED message after submitting their applications. If you experience this problem while applying for a rebate, please try again tomorrow. If the problem persists, please call the SoCalWaterSmart Rebate Processing Center at their toll-free number, 1-888-376-3314, for assistance in processing your rebate. Thank you for your interest in using water wisely.
Funding for programs is limited and available on a first-come, first served basis. Rebate application must be completed and approved prior to purchase. Please visit http://socalwatersmart.com
or call 1-888-376-3314
for more information.
|Irrigation Controller ||Weather Based Irrigation ‘Smart’ Controller. ||$25/controller station |
|Irrigation Nozzles Large Rotary ||Minimum of 8 sets per reservation required, no maximum. ||$13/set |
|Irrigation Nozzles Rotating Sprinkler ||Must purchase a minimum quantity of 15 nozzles, no maximum. |
|In-stem Flow Regulators ||Must purchase a minimum quantity of 25 regulators, no maximum. ||$1/regulator |
|Soil Moisture Sensor ||This rebate is not available for customers who have received a rebate for a weather-based irrigation controller. ||$25/controller station |
A Smart Landscape Evaluation is a free service designed to assist homeowner associations with identifying inefficiencies and water waste as well as water savings opportunities. Participants are provided a written report outlining site specific irrigation and maintenance recommendations as well as plant material alternatives to reduce water waste and use. Participants are under no obligation to implement recommendations. To schedule an evaluation, please contact 866-883-1332.
Water Savings Incentive Program
The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California’s (Metropolitan) Water Savings Incentive Program (WSIP) provides financial incentives for customized water efficiency projects. The program is open to all large landscape customers who implement qualifying projects. Eligible projects include, but are not limited to:
- Improvements to existing irrigation systems and landscaping to improve water use efficiency for large landscapes on a minimum of one acre.
- Water management services that may include new equipment, materials and horticultural practices to improve water use efficiency.
- Criteria for equipment-type projects and water management services are available for review in the application.
- Incentives are paid based on the amount of water saved.
- The payment amount is up to $0.60 per 1,000 gallons saved per year over the project life, up to a maximum of 10 years.
- Incentives are limited to 50% of eligible project costs.
- Eligible costs may include audits, design, engineering, construction, equipment and materials (including plant material), hardware, software, freight, shipping, third-party labor and contract water management services.
- Changing overhead spray sprinklers to a drip system.
- Contracting with a qualified water manager to improve irrigation efficiency.