Oceanside Moves to Level 1 Drought Watch
The City of Oceanside has returned to a Level 1 Drought Watch thanks to the extraordinary conservation efforts of our customers and the improved water supply conditions statewide. Oceanside will maintain mandatory Level 1 water use efficiency measures to ensure adequate water supplies should drought conditions continue.
Mandatory Water Use Efficiency Measures
- Irrigate before 10:00 am and after 6:00 pm only. Consider limiting spray-type sprinklers to 10 minutes per day and adjust run times as needed to avoid runoff.
- Use a hose with a positive shutoff nozzle irrigating landscaped areas.
- Do not wash down paved surfaces unless required for public safety.
- Eliminate water waste resulting from inefficient landscape irrigation, such as runoff, low head drainage, or overspray.
- Use recirculated water in fountains and water features.
- Use a hose with a positive shutoff nozzle or a bucket when washing vehicles. A professional car wash is preferred to keep pollutants out of the storm drain.
- Do not irrigate landscape during and 48 hours after rainfall.
- Repair all water leaks within 5 days of notification.
- Restaurants may serve water upon request only.
- Hotels must offer guests the option of not laundering towels linens daily.
- Do not water turf on public street medians with potable water.
- Use recycled or non-potable water for construction purposes when available.
In Oceanside, conservation isn't just a number - it's a way of life.