Disclaimer and Web Use Policy
The purpose of this document is to establish requirements and conditions governing the use of the City’s public Web site (http://www.ci.oceanside.ca.us/).
The City is providing this policy to explain our online information practices and the choices you may make about the way your information is collected and used by the City of Oceanside. The following information explains our policy regarding any information you may supply to us when visiting our site. We are a public entity and subject to the California Public Records Act (Government Code Section 6250 et seq.) and its relevant exemptions to disclosure.
- Under the direction of the City Manager’s office, the City web site may be changed, or any aspect of the services and featured associated with the web site may be modified or discontinued including but not limited to content, hours of availability and equipment required to access or use the web site.
- On certain occasions, we may give you the option to provide your e-mail address for purposes of correspondence or for City business. The City of Oceanside will not sell or provide e-mail addresses to anyone outside the City of Oceanside, except as required under the Public Records Act or under court order. The goal of collecting email information online is to provide you with the most personalized and effective service possible. By understanding your needs and preferences, the City will be in a better position to provide you with improved service.
- Registration to create a user account may allow you to receive information from the City’s web site, or participate in certain features of the Web site such as receiving City Council information. By registering, you represent and warrant that all information provided on the registration form is current, complete and accurate and the information belongs to you. You agree not to impersonate another person by registering under a different name. You must maintain and properly update the registration information on the web site to ensure accurate information is available at all times.
- The City's web site contains links to other sites. These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the City of Oceanside of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporations or organizations or individuals. The City is not responsible for the information provided by linked sites or for the accuracy of any information on the linked site. In no event will the City of Oceanside be liable for any damages, whether direct, indirect, general, consequential, incidental, exemplary or special, arising from the use of information provided by the linked sites.
- You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all connectivity, computer software, hardware and other equipment needed to access and use the web site.
- The City retains the copyright on all text, graphic images and other content of this site. You may not copy, modify, and/or re-use text, images or other web content from this web site, distribute the City's web content, "mirror" content from this web site on a non-City server, or make any other use of the content of this web site that would violate the City's copyright, without written permission from the City of Oceanside. To the extent allowed by law, commercial use of our web material is prohibited without written permission from the City of Oceanside.
- Some content included in this web site may be provided as a courtesy of third parties, who may retain copyright control of the provided material. The City of Oceanside does not make any warranties or representations with respect to the content, quality, accuracy or completeness of any information or materials through links to other sites, including but not limited to: text, graphics, applications, databases, services, or any other information or materials. Nor shall the City of Oceanside assume any legal liability for the content, quality, accuracy or completeness of said information and materials.
- The information and materials contained on this web site have been compiled from a variety of sources and, as such, are subject to change without notice. In no event will the City of Oceanside be liable for any damages, whether direct, indirect, general, consequential, incidental, exemplary or special, arising from the use of information provided on this site or through links to any other sites.
- Communications to the City via this web site shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal or official notice to the City of Oceanside, its agencies, officers, employees, representatives or agents with respect to any existing, pending or future claim or cause of action against the City of Oceanside or any of its agencies, officers, employees, representatives or agents where notice is required by Federal, State or local law or rule. Nor shall communications to the City via this web site be deemed to constitute legal or official notice for any other purpose.
- You agree not to interfere with or disrupt http://www.ci.oceanside.ca.us/, or the servers or network connected to the site.
- You agree not to upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or other forms of solicitation.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of http://www.ci.oceanside.ca.us/, including your content, may involve a transmission or transmissions over various networks, and changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks and devices.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranty:
- You expressly agree that use of http://www.ci.oceanside.ca.us/, is at your sole risk. Neither the City of Oceanside nor any of its employees, or third party content providers warrant that the City of Oceanside will be uninterrupted, error free; nor does the City, its employees or third part content providers make any warranty as to the results that are obtained from the use of http://www.ci.oceanside.ca.us/, or as to the accuracy reliability or content of any information, service, or merchandise provided through http://www.ci.oceanside.ca.us/.
- The City of Oceanside, its employees, and third party content providers are not liable for defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other users or third-parties and the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
- In no event will the City of Oceanside, its employees or third party content providers or any person or entity involved in creating, producing the web site be liable for any damages, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages arising out of the use of or inability to use http://www.ci.oceanside.ca.us/.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the City of Oceanside and its employees and third party providers from and against all claims and expenses, including attorney’s fees, arising out of the use of http://www.ci.oceanside.ca.us/ by you or your account.
- The City of Oceanside may terminate or suspend these Limitations of Liability and Disclaimer.
Disclaimer of Liability Related to Google Translate Services:
- A link to Google Translate provides a free translation service that enables you to obtain quick translations from fifty seven (57) different languages. Google Translate can translate words, sentences and web pages using statistical machine translation intelligence. By using software that detects language patterns in previously translated documents not all translations will be perfect. Translation accuracy will vary across languages. Google Translate is a third party provider.
- The City of Oceanside assumes no legal liability for the content, quality, accuracy or completeness of said information and materials.
- The information provided by Google Translate is subject to change without notice. In no event will the City of Oceanside be liable for any damages, whether direct, indirect, general, consequential, incidental, exemplary or special, arising from the use of information provided through the link to Google Translate, or the information provided by Google Translate.