When do I need to have a special event permit?

Special Event Permits are required for any organized activity involving the use of, or having impact upon, public property, public facilities, parks, beaches, sidewalks, streets, or the temporary use of private property in a manner that varies from its current land use.  Activities that include the following components will require a permit; amplified music, alcohol, street closures, and crowds greater than 50.