Do I need a Film permit to take photographs or make a video in a public location?

It is the policy of the City of Oceanside to permit the motion picture, television production, and still photography industries to utilize the variety of backdrops afforded within the City of Oceanside as locations for filming, video taping, or photographing for commercial purposes.  Film permits may be obtained through the Parks and Recreation, Special Events Office.