Visit the Library to apply for a physical card, or you can apply for a digital library card here to access all of the Library's digital resources.
The Circulation Area is located at the entrance of the library. Here you may:
- Apply for a library card.
- Check-out library materials.
- Pick up books and materials on reserve or hold for you.
- Pay library fines at the self-check out machines. Cash and credit cards are accepted.
TO APPLY FOR A LIBRARY CARD
- Fill out an online library card application available at the computer kiosk near the Customer Service desk at any Oceanside Public Library location. Have your photo ID with current address available.*
- Next, step over to the Customer Service Desk. One of the friendly staff members will issue you a Library card once your ID and address have been verified. Note: There is no charge for a first-time card.
* If you're from outside the area (e.g., stationed at Camp Pendleton or are here on vacation) and want a card, we can get you set up -- but we might ask you for some other ID. Give us a call at (760) 435-5600!
CHECKING OUT LIBRARY MATERIALS
- Check-out with your library card.
- No limit of items that may be checked out at one time.
- Most items check out for three weeks. DVDs check out for one week.
- Most items can be renewed three times.
- Items not held by the Oceanside Library can often be borrowed from another library at no cost through the LINK+ system.
- Currently suspended during the COVID crisis.