Visit the Library to apply for a physical card, or you can apply for a digital library card here to access all of the Library's digital resources.
The Circulation Area is located at the entrance of the library. Here you may:
- Apply for a library card.
- Check-out library materials.
- Pick up books and materials on reserve or hold for you.
- Pay library fines at the self-check out machines. Cash and credit cards are accepted.
TO APPLY FOR A LIBRARY CARD
- Fill out an online library card application available at the computer kiosk near the Customer Service desk at any Oceanside Public Library location. Have your government-issued photo ID available.
- Next, step over to the Customer Service Desk. One of the friendly staff members will issue you a Library card once your ID has been verified. Note: There is no charge for a first-time card.
CHECKING OUT LIBRARY MATERIALS
- Check-out with your library card.
- No limit of items that may be checked out at one time.
- Most items check out for three weeks. DVDs check out for one week.
- Most items can be renewed three times.
- Items not held by the Oceanside Library can often be borrowed from another library at no cost through the LINK+ system.
- The Library has eliminated charging overdue fines for material returned late. Fees will still be assessed for lost or damaged items.