Per Chapter 8 of the Oceanside City Code, all card room employees are required to have a card room permit/badge issued by the Oceanside Police Department. This includes all workers such as housekeepers, wait persons, kitchen help and all employees working the card tables. These permits/badges are issued upon employment and are to be renewed annually.
Card Room Permit & Renewal Appointments
All appointments will be made by the Human Resources Department of your perspective employer. All new hire and renewal appointments are accepted on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays excluding holidays.
-All new hires will be required to have a full background check to include fingerprinting and a picture.
-All renewals will have a full background check annually upon their renewal date.
The Card Room permit and renewal applications are available online utilizing the links below. After submission of the application you will receive a confirmation email which will include a copy of your application. The employer you selected during the application process will receive a copy automatically.
The Oceanside Police Department may deny an application for a permit/badge in the following cases:
1. If the applicant has been convicted of a crime punishable as a felony
2. If the applicant has been convicted of an offense involving dishonesty
3. If the applicant has engaged in bookmaking, loan sharking, or other illegal gambling activities or has been convicted of an offense involving such activities.
4. If the applicant is not a person of good character, integrity and honesty
5. If the applicant has knowingly made a false statement of material fact in the application or as part of the application process.
Other Permits & Licenses
If you are seeking a license or permit for any of the categories below you will need to contact the Business Licensing department at BLinquiry@oceansideca.org or 760-435-3879
If you have any questions about your application, please contact your prospective employer.
If you have questions regarding the Oceanside Police Departments role in this process please email us at OPDCardroomPermits@oceansideca.org