Oceanside is Encouraging Level 2 Drought Response Actions
The City of Oceanside encourages residents and business to reduce
water use by implementing Level 2 Reduction Actions. The Level 2 Reduction Actions
are in accordance with the State Drought Regulation and Oceanside’s Water
Shortage Contingency Plan. During this drought, Oceanside is asking all
residents to do their part to use water efficiently and to save water when
Level 2 Drought Reduction Actions
All residents and businesses should:
- Reduce irrigation to 3 times per week between 6 PM and 10 AM.This does not apply to commercial growers or nurseries
- Limit irrigation to 10 minutes per sprinkler station. This does not apply to weather-based irrigation systems nor drip irrigation
- Repair leaks within 72 hours upon notification by the City
- Stop operation of ornamental and decorative fountains unless recirculated water is used.
Commercial, Industrial, and Institutional customers are required to:
- Cease irrigation of non-functional turf unless the turf is proven to be low-water using. Non-functional turf is defined as any turf not used for gatherings and community activities such as parks, school turf, etc.
Mandatory Water Use Efficiency Measures
- Water landscapes between the hours of 6:00 pm and 10:00 am.
- Use a hand-held hose with positive shut-off nozzle to water landscapes with no irrigation system.
- Adjust sprinklers to prevent runoff or overspray.
- Repair broken sprinkler nozzles and irrigation leaks.
- Do not irrigate for at least 48 hours after rain.
- Do not irrigate turf on public street medians.
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean paved surfaces.
- Wash vehicles using a bucket and hand-held hose equipped with positive shut-off nozzle; a professional car wash is preferred to keep pollutants out of storm drains.
- Repair all indoor and outdoor leaks within five (5) days of notification.
- Stop operation of ornamental fountains unless re-circulated water is used.
|Hotels and Restaurants:
- Restaurants and other food service establishments may serve water only upon request.
- Hotels must provide guests the option of not having towels and linens laundered daily.
In Oceanside, conservation isn't just a number - it's a way of life.
Click here for the City of Oceanside's water supply reliability self-certification information.