Sticky Fingers Suppression Task Force
The Oceanside Police Department is taking pro-active measures to suppress organized retail crime by partnering with local retailers throughout the holiday season. Oceanside Police have heightened presence surrounding local businesses to keep everyone safe while shopping. Undercover and uniformed officers help to support local businesses and shoppers by providing extra patrol in busy retail parking lots and stores to prevent theft. This annual effort put forth by the Oceanside Police Department has proved to be a valuable resource in preventing crime during the influx of holiday shopping traffic.
The Oceanside Police Department would like to remind members and guests of our community to take proactive steps to reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim of crime:
- Do not leave any valuables in your vehicle.
- If you must store items in your car, always keep them out of plain view.
- Secure items in the trunk or covered cargo areas of your vehicle prior to reaching your destination.
- If you bring shopping bags back to your vehicle and wish to continue shopping, move your car to another parking space.
- Park in well-traveled and well-lit areas.
- Always secure your windows, doors and set your alarm.
- Have car keys in hand before exiting stores.
You can best help keep our community safe by being a good witness. If there is a possibility that a crime is in progress, please immediately notify the Oceanside Police Department by calling (760) 435-4900 or dial 9-1-1 for emergency response.